...In-between sets from poet Cynthia Schwartzberg Edlow

February 1, 2016

Fasten Your Seatbelts

In the past two weeks I've booked five poetry readings during March through May in the Phoenix area at venues so different from one another there is no way my audiences will overlap. I'm really thrilled to be reading my poetry in front of audiences once again. It is a pleasure and honor. Details to come as we get closer to the dates. I've yet to get those events listed on this blog, but the plan is to get them up very soon.

I'm also taking a small workshop class with Kimiko Hahn at Univeristy of Arizona next week in Tucson and that should be interesting. I've never even seen her read, so this will be a delightful experience. Additionally, as of this writing, 2016 brings new poetry forthcoming in two stellar anthologies (more news on those to come), due in late spring, and new poems coming out in PLUME and Fulcrum, two journals whose excellence speaks for themselves. I am beyond honored to have my work appear in these phenomenal literary journals. Again, a spring/late spring release is expected from both journals.


New poems being written, and my second full-length collection is almost finished. I have what I can only describe as a stupendous, kickass, amazing, extraordinarily talented, I-can-not-believe-I-got-this artist who has consented, and quite happily, to create the cover for Horn Section All Day Every Day. I am so fortunate they ought to make a new word for what I'm feeling. 

My third full-length collection? Some poems are already written, and under consideration. This book is forcing itself out of me. It's been waiting to be written for some time and now it demands it. Going to be wild. Beyond the horizon! There are big shifts a comin'. As Bette Davis said, "Fasten your seat belts....!!"{Exclamation added!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment